- Work with production team members to help identify problems and make improvements.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors.
- Work with customer service to ensure client quality requirements and expectations are fully met.
- Inspect returned products and track defects, test results, or other regularly reported quality control data.
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Grade, classify, and sort defective products.
- Must have 1-3 years of Quality Control experience in metal fabrication, welding and machining.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret gages such as, but not limited to calipers, micrometers, CMM, etc.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be familiar with APQP, PPAP, FMEA, 5 Why.
- Must have experience with Excel.
Associates Degree or a minimum of 3 years experience as a quality technician.
- Must have a positive attitude as well as a willingness to pitch in and help fellow team members to achieve production goals.
- Must be able to lift and pick up 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in production environments around heavy equipment and machinery.
- Must be motivated and willing to come in early or stay over and work Saturdays to achieve production goals.